Wednesday

The Urban Turban


ALERT: NEW ACCESSORY CRUSH HAS LANDED.

One and all, the turban.
On a recent trip to a well known lower-end high street store with a friend I was doing my best to keep my cool and not scream at the drips barging into me with their prams, bags, wailing toddlers etc and was doing well..until I became one of the shriekers. I'd spotted a gem and I needed to get to it. Fast.

Black, velvet, subtle bling. I was hooked. I lunged toward it as some other being eyed it and snatched it from under her nose. Well, when in Rome.

A rage inducing queue and a mere £2.50 later and I had my latest play thing - a turban.

Obviously turbans have been around for a very long time but in more recent years screen sirens such as Sophia Loren have been photographed in them; Vogue has front-covered them and the catwalks have featured them in all shapes and sizes.



Once I got home I immediately started referencing them to find out how/when to appropriately don such a piece. After the catwalk and editorial findings I wanted to see who'd been seen in them in more recent times...y'know, celeb-wise. Kylie, Solange, guru SJP and Kourtney K (who, I hope you'll agree is one half of the most stylish celeb couples at the moment). I'm in good company.

And now...my attempt. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think..?